Sunday, November 5, 2023

Marital Remnants [...Crumbs That Look Crunchy]

She was a believer until reality jolted her out of her reverie

She was sleepwalking in the endless when she bumped into you

She thought dreams were meaningless until she dared to dream

She was unsure about what it meant until you gave her a hint

 

He thought your reception had ensured him a place in your abode

He thought his coronation had earned him the kingship in your empire

He thought your interest in his future would make him yours

He thought your resistance was a test to keep him fighting

 

Your proposal was tempting but it was not what she bargained for

Your denials stripped her of her right to residency in your heart

Your act of diplomacy was a ruse in order to manipulate her

Your constant rejections almost made her unworthy of love

 

The emotional pains he endured drained him of his faith in love

Your love résumé was great but your agenda ruined your chances

You had the freedom to explore his life but you chose to exploit him

He thought he made it into your dreams just as you made it into his

 

It is true life goes on but the memories are forever imprinted

It is obvious you could care less but your reputation precedes you

Your heart is turbulent and nobody wants to experience it.

A slice of bread is good but a lifetime meal supersedes a leftover.


Dedicated To Everyone

Just like the ocean, there is surface and depth in all of us.


21 comments:

  1. This is touching. It feels like a message to someone so dear. Nice poem

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great piece! 👍

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is sad to see that many people can't make their minds but they prefer to use and dump innocent hearts. Thank you Eduvie for your poetry and brilliance. ♡✧˚♡˚

    ReplyDelete
  4. i think that online dating is the cause of this kind of relationships. i am not a remnant but i am a victim(( but thank you for this poem)

    ReplyDelete
  5. A slice of bread is good but a lifetime meal supersedes a leftover. My gee, you are a genius.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This poem is simply wonderful, I think it will not leave anyone indifferent, and will make everyone who reads it think, just like me.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Eduvie) I am single but does that mean I am a marital remnant?)) we need to talk, I need you to explain me the whole poem))

    ReplyDelete
  8. If you read my comment have you broken someone heart in your life? Me, I have but I am happy I am single and no more unnecessary dramas. Anyway thank you for this beautiful poem. 🌞😍

    ReplyDelete
  9. Permit me to take this to the next level by sharing on page. It touches everyone, everywhere.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Bravo, Mr Author, what a weaving of words and senses! Cool, thanks 👌

    ReplyDelete
  11. I know many many people will deny it but almost every body are guilty and marital remnants are every where. I know this because this bring back many sad moments. I love your poems 💕 💛😍 💗

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am a victim too and it is hard to be a marital remnant when the person you want to be your partner for life is a player. No trusts, no seriousness, no commitments, no future. Very very deep poem but it is also the truth. Thank you)

    ReplyDelete
  13. crumbs that look crunchy. Eduvie, really?))) you are a wordsmith and i admire that in you) keep it up dude 👍

    ReplyDelete
  14. To my mind i am a married woman and if your hubby does not want you as he supposed to i think you are a marital remnant. sorry but that is my view of the poem. Eduvie is a smart man and he put it to make you think about yourself. 😍🥰

    ReplyDelete
  15. Sad in this age some people are evil and heartless 💔. This is a balanced poem about women and men and men could be marital remnants too but women suffer more 😢 because of society plus outdated cultures.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Eduvie you just open a pandora's box) and many people especially pretenders will hate you for this beautiful poem without even understanding the context(( but for me it makes me think of my life more deeply than before. 🤔🤔🤔 the part you said, he thought he made it into your dreams just as you made it into his is very very important in any kind of relationships. Anyway, thank you for sharing your poem with me)

    ReplyDelete
  17. The moral of the poem is there is always someone will take your heart for granted, hurt you no matter how much you love him/her. But my small piece of advice is look crunchy, remain crunchy and enjoy peace.)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Deep and very useful) I am crunchy 😉 and no one could break 💔 my heart because I know the game now))

    ReplyDelete
  19. I understood at a young age people cannot always have what they want from a relationship and i have lived my life like this since, so i don't like putting too much expectations on a man. Amazing poem, life goes on but the memories are forever imprinted)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Eduvie) beautiful poem) love kills faster than drugs nowadays if a people overdose themselves with too much love) i always learn from your poems)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hey Eduvie) sorry for my lateness) i say well done andd keep blessing us with your brilliant poems)) i enjoyed it)

    ReplyDelete

Marital Remnants [...Crumbs That Look Crunchy]

She was a believer until reality jolted her out of her reverie She was sleepwalking in the endless when she bumped into you She thought ...