Thursday, May 30, 2013

Eduvie Thinks...(never quit on your dreams)!


I have always wanted to study LAW, fight corruption, maintain equity in the society, put an end to the line of those I call Judas in the Judiciary and help the common man who has nothing to offer to get an unbiased good lawyer. But then, my dreams to be a legal eagle were not hatched on this planet, I was born with it – it’s an inborn thing that even when I try to deny it; it keeps reminding me of justice for all. In fact, my mother has it that no matter how long a day may seem to men, the evening and night of that day will certainly come.

So I took off as an aspiring law student, I read legal books, got admission into the University, attended countless court hearings and I even had a law-godmother then who told me one heart-aching truth about the profession, she said “that the profession isn’t an avenue to acquire wealth or get rich through cases won but it’s a sacrificial sacrifice from every true lawyer to do the right thing and pursue truth at all times as "a conscientious gift to mankind”.

However, I didn’t feel any shred at the sound of that rather I was moved to be what I have always dreamed to become (a true lawyer); then my gut told me that "dreams are like far countries we’ve never been to until we get there to behold their true beauty." If you are dreaming to be what you know you want to be in life – don’t stop dreaming; keep dreaming but make sure you wake up from the dream-destination in your dream-career.

To be continued...

1 comment:

Marital Remnants [...Crumbs That Look Crunchy]

She was a believer until reality jolted her out of her reverie She was sleepwalking in the endless when she bumped into you She thought ...